Wares & Wares values and appreciates all consignors and makes every effort to sell items at a fair price. Wears (clothing and other accessories) are consigned for two months. After that time, consignors’ items are considered expired and may either be donated or reclaimed. Consignors of wears receive 40% of the item’s sale price. Consigners of wares (upcycled art; vintage items, collectibles) receive 60%. Wares are on the shop floor for six months and then may either be donated or reclaimed.
Please read the consignment agreement below for complete details.
We accept the following:
- High quality women’s clothing
- High quality baby clothing newborn through 2T
- Jewelry, scarves, purses and other accessories
- Rustic salvaged items such as doors, windows, and shutters as space permits
- Small furniture items as space permits
- Upcycled items
Clothing brands we love include, but are not limited to, LL Bean, Talbots, Calvin Klein, Columbia, the North Face, Patagonia, lulu lemon, Gucci, Toad and Company, Athleta, Nike, Addidas, and Woolrich.
Birkenstock, UGGS, and Dansko shoes are also very popular.
What we are not likely to accept:
- Stained, pilled, or torn clothing
- Clothing that smells or is covered in pet hair
- Items that are significantly out of season (a winter coat in July, for example)
- Previously worn undergarments
- Children’s toys
- Artwork that does not feature any repurposed item
- Greeting cards
- New furniture, mattresses, bed frames
- Pots and pans and other household wares
Consider donating items that are not accepted for us to use in the community workshop area. We may be able to repurpose them or find a good home for your treasures.
If you have an item that is not considered for consignment (such as a wedding dress), we have many resources to connect you to a potential buyer. We also feature a community resources area where you can post your item for sale.
It is important to us to maintain a high standard of quality. We curate a unique collection of vintage items (pre 1980); salvaged items that can be repurposed; and clothing. Items consigned are at the discretion of Wears & Wares.
How to consign:
- Prior to February 7 (opening day) consignors can stop by Tuesday – Friday 10 – 4 and Saturday 8 – 12. After February 7, stop by the shop during business hours. We will make every effort to assess your items at that time, but we may have to hold your items for consideration at a less busy time.
- Call 207.778.0262 to set up an appointment.
- Send a photo and description via Facebook Messenger
What is Upcycling? A Simple Definition
Upcycling is a process where “old” materials are modified and get a second life as they’re turned into a “new” product. The end result is a new item with more value than the original value of the sum of all its components. In other words, upcycling is about repurposing things in a creative way which gives joy, functionality, and extends the lifespan of items.